Saturday, January 28, 2012

A Walk in the Park...

It's Friday!

The highlight of the day was the sun.  It peaked his shiny smile out of the clouds just in time for lunch.  Even better,  I was able to have an extended lunch today.  This allowed me to enjoy a walk in the park.  The day was absolutely lovely as young couples strolled holding hands,  mothers pushing their little ones, and old people sat on the benches watching the birds.  One would have thought it was April.   The green space in the Netherlands is everywhere.   And literaly it is still green in January.  Groomed and well maintained paths allowed me to stretch my legs and replinish my body with some needed vitiam D. 

The parks here ironically are the only place that I have found signs that say  "NO BIKES".  Another strange twist... we take our children to the park to ride their bikes and it is the only place here where they are noticably absent.  This is the first time that I have been able to walk without fear of hearing the bell of death being aggressively rung by a mom, with a basket, and two kids hanging on her bike as it zooms by... I know mom is saying something to me and I think I am glad I do not understand Dutch.

I returned to the restaurant where I had my first dinner and long time favorite.  It is called the Blue Angel...  well not really but that is how it translates.  They offer typical food of this region.  A grilled chicken with some unidentified herbs was very enjoyable.  Of course it was accompanied by french fries and a salad.  The draw to the Blue Angel is the Heineken Extra Cold!  As I told you earlier the bars are very loyal to as single brand.  The Blue Angel is the Heineken bar in Hengelo.


Extra Cold was released a few years back in Europe, and I hear it has finally made it across the sea!   What makes it so special?  Some how the beer flows from the keg through the tube and out the tap - reaching your glass at a -4C degrees.  Some kind of good! 

TempF = (9/5) * TempC + 32.  - How cold is that beer?
And Richard... No I am not looking for -4C as the answer  :)

And yes that is ICE around the tap!  It forms naturally because the beer is so cold.

So in my attempt to keep this blog entertaining as well as educational...
the math problem can be the educational part and my spelling and grammar can be very entertaining - and with that I have completed another day of:
Beer, Bikes (not) and Fries.

2 comments:

  1. Actually it is about 25 deg F which is below the freezing point of water which would be freezing. I am currently drinking a beer that is about 40 deg F and it seems COLD. I would think that this would be an excellent temperature to drink beer in the summer but it might be a little chilly in the winter months. Since you have a "discriminating" palate for beer (as in you never drink it in the states) I will take your word for the appropriateness … where is Andy when you need him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is just soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo good!
    I want one of these magic taps and I could become a Andy M beer drinker!

    ReplyDelete